Since you’re turning 25 today, I shall give you 25 memories I love/am thankful about you. Enjoy! This happens but once in your life >:p (This is a long read, so bear with me and finish this!)
1. CS/programming tutoring days
2. When you gave me UAAP ticket to an ADMU-La Salle game
3. Treated me out to lunch and dinners (yes, because I always ask you to :D )
4. When you defended me from SMART people and their stupid policies.
5. Non-stop laughing during ride homes with Karra (Just to remind you, sinigawan mo kami ha. Tapos bigla kang nag-emote. Da hell?)
6. Simple hug text messages
7. A ym conversation when you told me that you find me one of the bravest people when it comes to love
8. LRT rides to and fro ADMU
9. The one ride home with Earvin when you both taught me a thing or two about men and sex (I know bastos pakinggan, but anyone else reading this, I swear it’s not what you think. Haha.)
10. That even though I know that you disagree with my opinions, you just nod your head and be my kakampi.
11. When you made me watch 2 girls and a cup. (I will be forever scarred because of you!)
12. When you told me that you wanted me to enter heaven so I’d better start praying every night (It’s the sincere thought that counts.)
13. That my mom and sister love you. And even my cousins!
14. How lousy you are with directions (I have an excuse, I am a girl. Eh ikaw?)
15. How lousy you are with birthdates. (Sige nga, kailan birthday ko?)
16. Timawa - butas sa medyas incident
17. That I have no qualms asking you about sensitive topics and that you have no qualms making kwento about your gallivanting, escapade stories
18. “High School, Kyle?” and I “believe” you moments :D
19. Your generic souvenir gifts for me from SG
20. Times when you picked me up from my house to go to your house and just let me cry my heart out. I think, I will forever love you for being physically there when I was at my lowest.
21. Times when you picked me up when I was feeling blue. I never told you this, but you are literally one of the four who can make me laugh when I cannot see the brightside of things.
22. That despite seeing my weakest state, you still see something beautiful in me
23. Teaching me to fall in love with Marianas Trench’s Cross My Heart
24. For not falling in love with me (hahahahaha!)
25. For loving me without obligation, without expectation, without good enough reason except that we are good and true friends.
Happy, happy birthday my dearest friend. You will always be my measure of what a true friend should be like. I could continue on writing a million things I’m grateful about you, and it won’t be enough. I know that this may sound like a love letter to others, but why not? I know that I will always care a bit more, get affected a bit more when it comes to you. I see no need to explain myself to others. I love you and that’s all that matters.
Remember the article you sent me about what to do during our 20s? Don’t get stuck. Move, travel, take a class, take a risk. Walk away, try something new. There is a season for wildness and a season for settledness, and this is neither. This season is about becoming. You’re doing it and I’m so proud of you. A year ago, we were both stuck in S****, complaining non-stop about it. Look where you are now. You’ve already achieved so much and I believe that there’s so much more in store for you. The way I see it, we’re just planting seeds right now. I bet you that few years from now, the harvest will be bountiful. You told me once that you find me brave. And I have to say the same thing to you. Being brave isn’t really just about winning the battle. It’s about being weary to the bones, but still seeing through the battle; persevering to overcome obstacles not just for yourself, but for the greater glory with others and for God. :)
My wish for you is this: That at the end of this road, you will look back and find that there are no regrets at all.
Kyle, let’s never forget to do this: Fall in love. Fall out of love. Fall in love. Fall out of love. We have to do this over and over and over until we know what really is to love someone.
I shall see you soon.
One last thing: When is my birthday? (Text or PM me the answer. Of course may pop quiz after, just to make sure you had finished reading this. Hahaha.)